Lower River Wye (High Wycombe fire station to the Thames) Projects
River Wye Cores End © M. Forshaw
A number of weirs still exist on the River Wye that impede the free passage of fish along the course of the river to a greater or lesser extent. The ultimate objective is that they all will be removed or modified such that fish have uninhibited movement the length of the water course.
- Glory Mill/Chimney Lane, Wooburn Green. Long term aim for habitat enhancement by removing impoundment in order to allow natural geomorphology to resume.
- Clapton Mill, Wooburn Moor. Possible introduction of a fish passage.
- Knaves Beech Industrial Estate. Remove half pipe culvert to improve fish passage.
- Lammas Way. Possible removal of weir or modify to improve fish passage.
- Conway Close. Possible removal of side weir to allow fish passage.
- Station Road (Back Stream). Ensure culvert under road is clear without obstructions.
- Trash Screen and weir. Station Road (Back Stream). Remove trash screen and small weir to facilitate fish passage.