Lower River Wye (High Wycombe fire station to the Thames) Projects
River Wye Cores End © M. Forshaw
A number of weirs still exist on the River Wye that impede the free passage of fish along the course of the river to a greater or lesser extent. The ultimate objective is that they all will be removed or modified such that fish have uninhibited movement the length of the water course.
- Riversdale, Bourne End. A fish passage needs to be constructed.
- Wessex Road, Bourne End. Improve fish and eel passage by removing baffles.
- The Courtyard, Furlong Road, Bourne End. Possible removal of weir or modify to improve fish passage.
- Millside, Bourne End. Aim to remove or modify weir as well as improvements to river bed topography.
- Soho Mills Industrial Estate, Wooburn. Fish pass seems to work reasonably well but aim to ultimately remove the weir.
- Windsor Hill, Wooburn Park. Only small scale improvements necessary.
- Wooburn Mill/Maindec House, Holtspur Lane. Habitat enhancement including installation of large woody debris, tree work to open canopy and remove gabions from river bed.